In the year 2015 the UN adopted 17 Sustainable Development Goals, towards which all countries, companies and people should strive to, for this world to be more fair and sustainable.
1. NO POVERTY - eradicate extreme poverty for all people everywhere (less than $1.25 a day) and reduce poverty by half in Estonia as well.
2. ZERO HUNGER - End hunger, improve nutrition
and promote sustainable agriculture
3. GOOD HEALTH & WELL-BEING - Healthier lifestyles and access to quality medical aid for everyone.
4. QUALITY EDUCATION – Inclusive quality education, supporting sustainable development, to all.
5. GENDER EQUALITY – More rights and bigger opportunities for women and girls.
6. CLEAN WATER & SANITATION – Clean drinking water, access to sanitation and hygiene facilities for all.
7. AFFORDABLE & CLEAN ENERGY - Affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
8. DECENT WORK & ECONOMIC GROWTH - sustainable economic growth and full and decent work for all.
9. INDUSTRY, INNOVATION & INFRASTRUCTURE – Environmentally friendly industrialization and entrepreneurship; additionally, internet access in developing countries as well.
10. REDUCED INEQUALITIES - Reduce inequality within and among countries
11. SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES – Well planned, safe and sustainable cities.
12. RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION & PRODUCTION– Our consumption and production are environment friendly and fair.
13. CLIMATE ACTION – Fight climate change and help developing countries to combat its impacts.
14. LIFE BELOW WATER – Protect the sea from contamination and fight against overfishing.
15. LIFE ON LAND- Protect nature’s diversity from forests and mountains to swamps.
16. PECE, JUSTICE AND STRONG INSTITUTIONS – Promote human rights and democracy – fight against corruption17. PARTNERSHIPS FOR THE GOALS – Support developing countries and vitalize global partnership to reach the goals